WOW, I’m so excited about the recent results at vSphere-Land.com rankings of Virtualization bloggers. If you are not familiar with this, Eric Siebert over at vSphere-land.com started this a couple of years ago and this was my first year to be included in the voting. He posted the position of all 187 bloggers that were able to get their names on his list. Over 1200 votes came in (not all for me ) !! This is not a comprehensive list of virtualization bloggers, it’s really a list of those that registered with his site but as you can see it’s a LONG list !!
The number 1 site, and it comes as ZERO surprise is Duncan Epping’s Yellow-Bricks.Com – it’s the GOTO site for all things VMware Technical !!!
This year Eric also added a few new categories which was really cool.
- Favorite Storage Blog (#1 =VirtualGeek.typepad.com)
- Favorite Cloud Computing Blog ( Hypervizor.com )
- Favorite End User Computing (VDI) Blog (Brian Madden)
- Favorite News/Information Website (vSphere-Land.com)
- Favorite Scripting Blog (Virtu-Al.net )
- Favorite Podcast (vChat )
- Favorite Official VMware Blog (VMTN Communities)
- Best Videos used in a Blog (NTPro-nl)
- Favorite New Blog (HandsOnVirtualization.com )
- Favorite Independent Blogger. (NTPro.NL)
While my hope was to crack the top 25 in the overall, vTexan.com came in at a respectable #30 spot out of #187 bloggers. What was even more exciting was that vTexan.com ranked Top #10 on Storage Bloggers and #3 End User Computing Blogs. I’m pretty happy !!
I’d like to thank all of you that voted for the site, I REALLY appreciate it. vTexan.com has been a real labor of love filled with lots of late nights and weekends putting the content together. While my motivation is not things like these, it is a great validation of the hardwork that goes into it. I’d also like to thank Eric and TrainSignal for pulling this all together. VERY COOL !!
2 Responses to “Thank You vSphere-Land.com”
Leave a Reply
- How to setup your first Desktop Pool in VMware View 5
- How to install configure and deploy VMware View 5 on vSphere 5
- The VMware Home Lab
- FastCache-the answer to the Automated Storage Tiering Problem
- How To Install EMC ProSphere
- Vblock: the answer to the NRE time problem
- VMware is not evil - my opinion on their new licensing model
- Installing VMware View 5 Connection Server in vSphere 5